Friday, July 22, 2011

Google+ and 10 Million+ Testers: Signalwriter Catches Bleeding Edge by Fingertips.


The Google+ project aims to make sharing on the web more like sharing in real life.

That’s what Google says in its new social site meta tag. Now’s my chance to offer a more public “thank you” to Rachel Parker of Resonance for inviting me onto Google+ to share in the latest social media experience. Since a marketer or advertiser can’t walk out of a fern bar or a brew pub without tweeting about it, the value of constantly advancing social media cannot be overlooked.

I will be spending the weekend learning about Circles, Sparks and Hangouts. The fact that the Google+ dashboard looks like the control panel of a spacecraft from Remulak is no excuse. I’m certain I’ll get used to it.

One thing I’d like to experiment with is making my Google+ appearance a Signalwrite Marketing presence now, instead of waiting a few months. Writing on SiteTrail.com, another Parker (Debbie Parker) says:

Google hopes to make Google+ available for enterprise users later this year. It will feature rich analytics and the capability to connect a Google+ identity to other services that businesses use, such as AdWords. Google ask businesses not to create consumer Profiles for Google+.

First, though, I’m going to do what “my” Parker’s already done: work through the ins and outs of this new thing. If I’m not back by Monday morning, you guys can have my Starbucks card.

Photo adapted from SiteTrail.com – thank you.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad to have you on board, Richard -- see you in the Circles!